Monday, August 6, 2018

2018 January Taiwan: Taipei Part 1


THSR from Kaohsiung to Taipei. 

I have been wanting to try the traditional railway bento but I did not see it so I got a salmon bento from a Japanese bento shop. It was not bad but slightly pricey to me. Anyway, it was only after I bought it then I saw where the railway bento shop was. Shall try it next time then!

華山1914文化創意產業園區 Huashan 1914 Creative Park
Address: 臺北市中正區八德路一段一號
Nearest Metro Station: Zhongxiao Xinsheng 忠孝新生

Many exhibitions and events are usually held over here so I decided to visit the place since there were a few cute ongoing exhibitions during that period. The place is quite huge, with several blocks of buildings. Frankly speaking, I could not understand their directory so I walked around aimlessly until I saw the exhibitions that I wanted to go.

卡娜赫拉的愜意小鎮


Since there were a few cute ongoing exhibitions, I decided to experience once for a paid version even though I do not know any of the characters hahaha.

The wedding venue was the first thing that amazed me out of the entire exhibition. The moment when I rang the wedding bell, the music and lighting effect were played for several seconds which was really nice in reality.

The next thing that made me wow was the dark space. After entering the dark space, there were some horoscopes reflected on the walls. A few telescopes were also placed at the sides to view the 'stars' which were some animations of the characters. Walking further down, I saw this tent. It was really beautiful!!!

Actually, I regretted getting the name labels from this exhibition because I realised that the CN pop-out store also had the machine and there were more character designs on their labels.

你好,我是查布!!大耳查布50週年特展


The second exhibition that I visited was Cheburashka 50th anniversary event. It was free admission so I went in to take a look and bagged a packet of magnets home. I do not know how many magnets (including those from previous tw trips) I have collected so far lolol.

CN POP UP STORE 卡通頻道期間限定店


Before the trip, I planned to get something from this store but most of the items were really expensive to me. I am glad that I managed to control myself in the end because it was not worth to spend so much for things that I could buy at a cheaper price though it will be in another cartoon character. Hence, I only got a cup of hot coco as it was super cold even though it was only 11°C (not the lowest as compared to other days) but the wind and rain made me felt like it was the coldest of all days. & I had the choice to choose one among the three characters in We Bare Bears as my cup cover.

泡泡先生 X 卡答國際期間限定快閃店


I forgot when and where was the first time that I saw barbapapa. I did not know that there was a pop-out store over there until I happened to walk pass it. Everything was so cute omg. The merchandise was also reasonably priced and I left the store with an umbrella and soft toy for me to use as a pillow during my nua time.

I guess the creative park is a good place for photo-taking.

漁人碼頭 Fisherman's Wharf
Address: 新北市淡水區沙崙里第2漁港
Nearest Metro Station: Tamsui 淡水


Although I had been to Tamsui thrice, it was my first time visiting Fisherman's Wharf. As it was drizzling, there were not many tourists as compared to the usual days. I feel that the scenary and ambience was not bad but there was actually nothing much besides the Lover's Bridge.

淡水老街 Tamsui Old Streets
Address: 新北市淡水區中正路
Nearest Metro Station: Tamsui 淡水


I am always visiting this place because there are various types of snacks such as 魚酥 (fish crackers) and 阿婆鐵蛋 (braised eggs) for me to bring back to Singapore. The 酸梅湯 (sour plum drink) is also recommended as it was refreshing and I like the fact that many drink stores in Taiwan offer the option of having the drink in either cold or warm.

十份老街 Shifen Old Streets
Address: 新北市平溪区十分老街
Nearest Train Station: Shifen 十分


I was initially hesitating if I should visit Shifen due to the schedule and it is a 1+hour journey from Taipei but I decided to go again as I wanted to release the sky lantern.

And this is the most expensive plain red tea that I had bought so far...

Spent an hour over there and managed to take some pictures around before the next train arrived.

松山文創園區 Songshan Cultural and Creative Park
Address: 台北市信義區光復南路133號
Nearest Metro Station: Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall 國父紀念館 / Taipei City Hall 市政府


This is another creative park where exhibitions and other events are often held at. I happened to pass by this place when I was on my way to Eslite Spectrum and I saw Chuchumei so I entered the exhibition to take a look. Yes, another reason was free admission lolol.

I used to like Domo-kun during my secondary school days because it looked special.

No comments:

Post a Comment